Installation difficulties
Posted by: xsamat ()
Date: January 14, 2006 03:53PM

Hi,

First congrats for what I think is a very nice & useful app.
Next, I am quite new in PHP and altogether I am having difficulties installing your application.
I don't know if my hosting supplier supports PEAR.
I don't know if I need to install MySql DBmyself.

Are there any installation instructions?
I could help translating the files to spanish.

Thanks,

Xavier

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Installation difficulties
Posted by: utopie ()
Date: January 15, 2006 09:38AM

Hi,
To install Openflyer your host supplier must provide you :
-Php
-Mysql
-Pear (provide by openflyers, but your host must support it, ask them)
-A linux operating system is recommanded beacause of the files's permissions, but it work fine under windows too.

installation instruction in the install.txt file under the "documentation" folder.
Unfortunatly, instruction are in french...
So, it's easy, Unzip openflyers in your server, then thanks to your browser lanch install.php who is under the sub directory install.
After installation yo can connect yourself with admin/admin as login and password.
CHANGE THEM !!! after the first connection.

For translation, all help is welcome !!
In the Lang folder, there are 4 files, for 4 differents languages, chose one, make a copy and translate. Then send us a copy, we will include it.
Actualy whe are working on openflyers 2.0, whe 've got an on line translation application for it, if you want to participe, contact us at devteam@openflyers.org

Posted by: xsamat ()
Date: January 15, 2006 11:06PM

thanks.
I've translatad the info to spanish.
Let me know where to send it.

I have another questions. Through translation, I found that the application can have more than one club. That is, in fact, the case of my club...

How do I configure the second one?
Thanks

Xavier

Posted by: utopie ()
Date: January 16, 2006 08:54AM

If your spanish translation is ok, sent it at devteam@openflyers.org

At the begining of Opeenflyers, it could support many clubs, but it was difficult too to maintain this feature, and morever, nobody used it. So we decide to remove this fontion,thats why there is still some part of it in the language files.

If you want a second club, you need a second server (you can use the same il yar host allow to create a second database.

If you read our web site, you know we can host you for only 8 € per mounth, this include openflyers and a space for your web site.

If you whant to test our offer, we can open you an account for free.
contact us at contact@openflyers.org if you want to test Openflyers

Stephane
Openflyers Team Member

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.