Menu returns to login page
Posted by: bogopper ()
Date: February 16, 2007 12:08PM

Hi

I have just installed OpenFlyers on my website for my flying club - Lincon Aero Club @ Sturgate, England. I am most impressed with the system from your demo however I am having a little difficulty.

I have installed everything ok, I can log in via admin/admin but when I go to the admin menu on the main page I am returned to login. This is the same for all of the menu options. What have I done wrong?

you can access the site at www.lincolnaeroclub.co.uk/openflyers_v1_3_0 if required

thanks for your help

Mark Turner

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Menu returns to login page
Posted by: claratte ()
Date: February 16, 2007 06:09PM

Hi,

It's seems to be a session trouble: maybe on the server, sessions are not saved. You should have a directory where sessions are stored.

check this. Your hoster may have some documentation about the manner to create a session directory.

Christophe LARATTE
OpenFlyers manager

Date: February 16, 2007 08:46PM

Hi Christophe

Thanks for your reply, can I as a few more questions before i contact the web-host?

I have created the sessions directory as the instructions, it has all possible permissions. Where does the application refer to this as the path to save sessions?

I have tested the $_SESSION method in a sample php file and it is working..
I have also tested the directory where the session would write to, it replied /tmp. I also checked it was writable from php, it returned true.

Is there something else I should be looking for?

thankyou for your patience

Mark Turner

Date: February 17, 2007 01:58AM

OF do not refer to a particular session directory. OF only uses $_SESSION super globale variable.

You may check that session content if well stored using the example 2094 here: http://br.php.net/manual/en/ref.session.php

to follow...

Christophe LARATTE
OpenFlyers manager

Date: February 17, 2007 06:24PM

Hi Christophe

thankyou for the information, I tried the code below based on the examples you suggest

<?php
session_start();

if (!isset($_SESSION['count'])) {
$_SESSION['count'] = 0;
} else {
$_SESSION['count']++;
}

echo($_SESSION['count']);
//unset($_SESSION['count']);

?>

On the server it counts up properly from zero, when I replace the unser it returns to Zero.

does this help?

thanks

Mark Turner

Date: February 18, 2007 04:12PM

Hi,

> On the server it counts up properly from zero, when I replace the unser it returns to Zero.

So SESSION is ok. The trouble come from elsewhere...

But I have no idea.

Christophe LARATTE
OpenFlyers manager

Date: February 19, 2007 10:16PM

Hi

I have installed OF on my Windows PC using EasyPHP and here I am experiencing problems too.

It allows me to login butit throws many exceptions. Accepting OK on the exceptions it sometimes navigates to the selected admin page to let me set things up. I have managed to setup the club, but still many exceptions.

On selecting the aircraft book it says there is an error on line 312 of Navigation.php "nonexistent object". So I have added 2 aircraft but now it just completely crashes?

I suspect these are the same problems I am having with the real host.

If you can tell me how to debug the PHP I will help, I am a C++ & C# programmer Architect but I am unfamiliar with PHP.

Where is the exception handling code in PHP?

thankyou for your help

Mark Turner

Date: February 19, 2007 10:19PM

p.s. If i go into the database and delete the aircraft I can select the Aircraft bookings page, it does not completely crash but I get this message

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in c:\program files\easyphp1-8\www\openflyers\includes\navigation.php on line 312

Date: February 20, 2007 11:45AM

OF 1.3 works well and do not need to be debug (about 150 flying clubs use it). If you got error messages, it's because your configuration is not right for OF.

I do not understand "exceptions" and "accepting OK"... PHP generates NOTICE, ERROR but no popup or something like this to "accept" or not an error message...

PHP 5 generates Exceptions, but there are viewed from the browser like errors.

Did you used the install script ?

Christophe LARATTE
OpenFlyers manager

Date: February 20, 2007 11:54AM

Christophe

Do any of the flying clubs use it on a different server than yours? Do thy all use Linux or are some using Windows?

I get put back to the login page for every use of the menu once logged in on my remote host.
I get exceptions thrown by apache.exe if I use easyPHP.

I followed your instructions. However I will uninstall everything, local and remote, and install it all again.

Mark Turner

Date: February 20, 2007 12:13PM

I personnaly develop OF on windows. Other developpers use linux.

Here is the list of flying clubs using OF without our help (and so on their own server): http://openflyers.org/pages/hostedlist.php?lng=en&id=1
(at the bottom of the page "Hosted by their own means"winking smiley. It's only "known clubs".

Christophe LARATTE
OpenFlyers manager

Date: February 20, 2007 12:26PM

What does this mean?

Warning: fopen(../conf/config.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /var/www/vhosts/lincolnaeroclub.co.uk/httpdocs/openflyers_v1_3_0/install/install_db.php on line 56

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /var/www/vhosts/lincolnaeroclub.co.uk/httpdocs/openflyers_v1_3_0/install/install_db.php on line 57

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /var/www/vhosts/lincolnaeroclub.co.uk/httpdocs/openflyers_v1_3_0/install/install_db.php on line 58
Creating tables...
Hours were converted according to the selected time zone
Club default language was recorded
Répertoire de sessions: /tmp trouvé.

La base de données a été correctement mise à jour.

Si vous venez d'installer OpenFlyers :
Vous pouvez vous logger en utilisant le couple login/password suivant: admin/admin
Cliquez sur ADMIN dans le menu pour personnaliser le club créé par défaut, rajouter les profils et les utilisateurs.

ATTENTION: changez IMMEDIATEMENT le mot de passe associé à l'utilisateur admin!
Nous vous conseillons de créer tout de suite un nouvel utilisateur avec le même profil et de supprimer l'utilisateur admin créé par défaut afin de sécuriser le système.

En cas de problème, posez vos questions sur les forums: http://openflyers.org

Pour vous rendre sur la page de connexion d'OpenFlyers, veuillez cliquer ici.

L'équipe d'OpenFlyers

Date: February 20, 2007 12:37PM

It means that you don't have write permission on config.php file.

You have to change the rights of this file.

Christophe LARATTE
OpenFlyers manager

Date: February 26, 2007 09:37PM

Christophe

Is there any information you can give me that will help me to fix this problem?

I have re installed everything from new twice and OF 1.2.1 also.

The install works, the database is created, I can log on but that is it.

I have seen the many people using OF successfully and I would like to be one of them. If I don't get it working soon I will have to try something else.

sincerely

Mark Turner

Date: February 26, 2007 09:59PM

Hi,

If you don't know how to to set the write permission to a file, I think that you will have other troubles hosting OpenFlyers.

In this case, I suggest you to try our hosting solution: we take care of everything for only 8€ per month! The trying period is free of charge and if you are not happy with our solution you may cancel without any charge.

If you want to try competitors, here is a list of some of them:
http://wiki.openflyers.org/index.php/Competitors

We work for free, but we are not slaves.

Christophe LARATTE
OpenFlyers manager

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.