Adding instructors
Posted by: claratte ()
Date: June 28, 2008 07:50PM

Answer is now here: http://wiki.openflyers.org/index.php/AdminDoc2.0#Create_instructors

Christophe LARATTE
OpenFlyers manager

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Adding instructors
Posted by: Luke ()
Date: June 29, 2008 01:10AM

Ah, yes, thank you Christophe. I think I was fooled by the menu structure!

I was looking for the 'add a user' or 'add a plane' subset of the main menu drop-down box. It wasn't immediately apparent to me to click on the superset of the functions - perhaps it would be a good idea to make these functions a subset (i.e. Admin -> Users -> Users List -> Add User). Actually even better:

Admin -> Users -> Manage Users -> Add
Admin -> Users -> Manage Users -> Delete
Admin -> Users -> Manage Users -> Modify

or something similar.

Likewise:

Fleet -> Aircraft -> Add
Fleet -> Aircraft -> Delete
Fleet -> Aircraft -> Modify.

Or perhaps the add/delete/modify options of both could occur on one page rather than requiring the menu selections?

I am jotting down a few notes as I'm going through the setup so that I can post a bit of info for anyone else starting out. I could possibly attempt to put some sections of the Babelfish translation of your userdox into order & post that if it helps?

Regards, Luke.

Re: Adding instructors
Posted by: claratte ()
Date: June 29, 2008 06:24AM

Hi,

Before there was "manage something" for everything. But we have removed the "manage" word due to lack of space.

So maybe:
Admin -> Users -> Users -> Add

But, I prefer to wait that another guy got the same trouble as you to decide if it's really important or not.

Your post are welcome. The best is to complete the wiki area. If you want, I may give you a write access.

Christophe LARATTE
OpenFlyers manager

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.