Suggestion #1 - Additional function for aircraft type
Posted by: Luke ()
Date: July 19, 2008 08:20PM

I have two or three suggestions that others may be interested in commenting on. Some of them I've already implemented locally to good effect but I think would be a good thing for others too :-)

Aircraft type should include the facility to have a static room and/or ability to _not_ have maintenance function up on screen if not using it. In this way a clubhouse room and instructor may be booked at certain times for instruction - obviously no maintenance/hours etc are required for this as you are not 'flying' it. To this end I have also changed the 'flown by' in the popup to read 'booked for' :-)

Luke.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Suggestion #1 - Additional function for aircraft type
Posted by: claratte ()
Date: July 20, 2008 01:02PM

Clubs already use this room capability. Your request is only "design" level, so not urge ;-)

Christophe LARATTE
OpenFlyers manager

Date: July 20, 2008 01:13PM

Just a question: the "flown by" vs "booked for" is for every kind of item? (and do applied it the given english.php file?)

Christophe LARATTE
OpenFlyers manager

Posted by: Luke ()
Date: July 20, 2008 07:09PM

Hi Christophe, yes, it is implemented in english.php. Since you are effectively 'booking' an aircraft _or_ a room it works well to do it this way. It is one of the changes in the modified english.php file I sent to you :-)

Regards, Luke.

Date: July 20, 2008 07:11PM

Perfect!

I try to keep in mind the "no-maintenance flag".

Christophe LARATTE
OpenFlyers manager

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.