Suggestion #2 - Show closed flights as greyed out
Posted by: Luke ()
Date: July 19, 2008 08:21PM

I have two or three suggestions that others may be interested in commenting on. Some of them I've already implemented locally to good effect but I think would be a good thing for others too :-)

When flights are closed and/or cancelled, show them ‘greyed out’ or with line through them until otherwise cleared or another booking made over them. Once flights are removed they are gone completely and no-one can easily look back to see what happened on that day.

Luke.

Re: Suggestion #2 - Show closed flights as greyed out
Posted by: claratte ()
Date: July 20, 2008 01:18PM

This suggestion as already been formed by a club, but we will not to do it for 2 main reasons:

- it's useless (it's not very practical to check every day all the books for the admin or any manager, it's more useful (and efficient) to make a good SQL request and to gain a statistic information (or to make appear a list of "strange" behaviours). Doing this SQL request is "easy": you put it on the "Reports" area. But nobody has done it ;-)

- it's very complex and will use a lot of CPU power (every time you display the page, OF will have to choose the right color)

Christophe LARATTE
OpenFlyers manager

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.