Deleted members do not go from database.
Posted by: Luke ()
Date: July 19, 2008 08:24PM

At Christophe's suggestion I have put this up here so that the answer will be visible to all :-)

I noticed that if one deleted a user it didn't seem to be deleted from the database because a later attempt to re-create the user said they were already there (but they weren't actually displayed). I didn't spend any time on it but hopefully the answer is simple!

Luke.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/19/2008 08:24PM by Luke.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Deleted members do not go from database.
Posted by: jtremblet ()
Date: July 20, 2008 01:49AM

Users are not deleted but disabled you can see then by the menu Desactivated users (and re activated in case)

Joël

Posted by: Luke ()
Date: July 20, 2008 02:30AM

Yes I see them there Joel, thank you :-)

However perhaps it would be good to add a 'delete' option in the table as well as 'reactivate'. Otherwise I guess over time you could end up with quite a few users in that list who will never be reactivated for some reason. Obviously one can do it directly to the MySQL database but it would be easier to include it on the Deactivate page methinks.

Regards, Luke.

Posted by: claratte ()
Date: July 20, 2008 12:59PM

Hello,

There will be no real delete user function for some years (turnover in flying clubs does not need a quick answer to this)

We do not want the delete action because of database integrity.

So, one day, there will be a big erase button to delete every thing older than X years and that was not used since these X years (in order to avoid database integrity failure)

Christophe LARATTE
OpenFlyers manager

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.